Soft skills are the hard factor for success
The advantages of mastering soft skills
Mastering soft skills is increasingly seen as the essential asset for a successful personal and business life.
You need more than your technical professional skills or your extensive experience in your profession to have the good career and life you are aiming for. The only thing you have as a professional, apart from your expertise and knowledge, is who you are and how you show this. The right application of soft skills takes care of that.
Soft skills are the hard factor for success, both at work and in the rest of your life. Mastering soft skills gives you an undeniable edge in reaching your goals.
This is why we offer coaching in the application of soft skills. Please look at our coaching offer for more information. You are also cordially invited to make use of a free getting to know each other call. Skip to the contact form below and book your call.
What are soft skills?
Soft skills involve both skills of self-management and skills involving the interaction with other people (people skills). It’s this mix that makes them effective in achieving your goals.
This may be illustrated for instance by the fact that true self-confidence persuades other people to listen seriously to your viewpoints. Soft skills enable you to give feedback in a way that changes the behaviour at hand and improves the relationship. They facilitate dealing with difficult people in a manner that allows you to stay true to your values and that corrects the difficulty. The application of soft skills also enables you handle conflicts and confrontations effectively.
In short, soft skills empower you to achieve your goals through effective self-management and the ability to relate to people positively.
Self-confidence, feedback, dealing with difficult people, handling conflict, resilience, decision making, and achieving your goals are all soft skills we have specialised in. More about this just below.
What soft skills do for you
Soft skills enable you to interact with others while staying true to who you are. Soft skills lead you to where the possibilities for results are – for everybody in the situation. This
- builds relationships,
- deepens self-confidence, and
- enables you to achieve your goals with less effort and more satisfaction.
Mastering soft skills
Mastering soft skills is an individual process. It requires concrete understanding of your career and life in general, and how you give meaning to what happens in particular. You find the answer to what soft skills you need to develop in the coaching process. Mastering soft skills successfully gets practical and doable in the interaction with the coach.
(Click on any of these to read a short introduction).
✔ Achieving goals with soft skills
✔ Dealing with difficult people
✔ Giving and receiving feedback
✔ Handling conflicts effectively
✔ Resilience and handling set-backs
- Where achieving your goals is concerned, soft skills are the essential means to gain your end. Soft skills are the hard factor of success.
- Achieving your goals without the support and co-operation of others is almost impossible, and needlessly hard. This is where soft skills come in to facilitate the process.
- Our coaching helps you to pinpoint, learn or strengthen the soft skills that are essential in the process of achieving your goals.
- Decision-making is a critical soft skill in work and life. The decisions you make drive the actions you take. Making the right decisions enables you to take the right actions to achieve your goals. But what ensures you make the right decisions? What you need is a guideline that provides you with a clear view of what needs to be done to achieve the necessary result.
- Our coaching enables you formulate a guideline for your decision-making process. This guideline allows you to make decisions that are in accordance with your purpose, values and the goals you want to achieve. This remains the case even in complex and changing circumstances.
- Regardless of whether the ‘difficult people’ are difficult colleagues, a difficult boss, or difficult employees: you need a solution that works. This solution has to enable you to cooperate with these ‘difficult people’ in getting the required (business) results.
- The right soft skills are the solution to dealing with difficult people. As an added bonus, once you have learned to deal with difficult people, your social range and effectiveness has grown considerably.
- Our coaching supports you in discovering what soft skills you need to deal with the people you find difficult, and how to strengthen and apply them.
- Giving and receiving feedback are critical soft skills in achieving results. The situation is similar to other situations where communication and getting your message across play a role. The added tension of a feedback situation makes it even more important you are able to use soft skills in an appropriate and relaxed manner.
- Our coaching in giving and receiving feedback allows you to discover how you give and receive feedback in the best possible way. This allows for better professional results and relationships. It strengthens your professional influence.
- Being able to handle conflicts and confrontations effectively and professionally is an essential soft skill to master. It is important for collaboration, achieving results, and personal well-being.
- Our coaching in handling conflict supports you to become adequate and comfortable in handling conflict. You will be able to engage constructively with the people and the situation that cause the conflict, while remaining true to yourself and your values.
- Resilience and handling setbacks is a soft skill that is increasingly in demand in professional work environments. This is especially the case in settings where rapid change and high demands are the order of the day.
- The good news is we are all resilient by nature. This means that resilience can be found and strengthened when you are confronted by stressful situations or setbacks in your professional or personal life.
- Our coaching assists you in finding what skills you need specifically to bounce back, and how to make these applicable to your situation. The result is that you find your resilience. You are able to use your inner flexibility and adaptability to successfully bounce back.
- Self-confidence is a soft skill that can make the difference between success and failure in your professional life. In your personal life it can make the difference between being stressed out and being able to act calmly and competently.
- Our coaching helps you in developing faith in your own abilities and acting with confidence, whatever the situation or the people you have to deal with.
Read more about:
✔ Our coaching
✔ About us
✔ Our coaching packages
✔ A typical coaching process
✔ How to choose the right coach for you
Ask us your question on how we can assist you:
Contact us directly or use this form: